Thursday, September 27, 2012

Düsseldorf

Regina Spektor

In Düsseldorf I met a clown. His nose. It was red-oh.


In Gelterkinden I forgot to frown. Then remem. Bered again. In Paris I saw big fish. Swimmin' slow. In the Seine. 


It made me hopeful that someday our water will be breathable again. Uh oh oh, oh oh oh. Uh oh oh, oh oh oh. Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh. Uh oh oh oh, oh oh oh. In Frankfurt I hear ein zwei drei. Counting cookies and no one was shot.


In Berlin stopped by the polizei. For drunk driving everyone smiled.



In Prague I knew I'd been a witch. Burned alive a-by the Soviet kitsch.


It made me miss my Moscow muttdom.


It made me miss my New York nuthin'.


Uh oh oh, oh oh oh. Uh oh oh, oh oh oh. Uh uh uh oh, oh oh oh. Uh uh oh oh, oh oh oh. In Montpelier I stayed in a a chateau a boy climbed into my bed and he knew no boundaries. Amsterdam got quite crazy might've been all the tulips and the canals or it might've been all that hash.

 
And in Barcelona buenos dias cioccolato le picasso.


And in Brussels a cleancut hostel.


And in London me and the French exasistentialists.


Oh oh, oh oh oh. Uh oh oh, oh oh oh. Uh uh oh oh, oh oh oh. Uh uh uh oh oh OH. In Corsica I floated away, all the way to Marseilles. I should've held an afterparty for all the thoughts I didn't say. In Düsseldorf I met a dwarf. With bad breath and a really good tan. In Gelterkinden I remembered how to laugh and I never ever forgot it agaaaa uh uh an, uh oh an, uh uh oh, uh uh an. Uh uh uh, uh uh ah. Uh uh oh, ah ah, uh. Uh uh oh, oh oh OH. Uh oh, oh oh.

OhhhohhhOhhhohhhohhhOhhhohhhOhhhohhhohhOhhhhohhh ...

No comments:

Post a Comment